||GCSE Religious Education > Natural World
Some definitions related to this subject which you will find useful in the exam:
Sanctity of life
Using the earth's resources wisely
The world is made by God and should be cared for
People are answerable to God. He will judge our use of the world he entrusted to us
Life is special because God made it
- That God is creator of both the earth and humans.
- "God said... fill the earth and subdue it... rule over every living creature." (Genesis 1) shows God gave humans control over the earth.
- "The earth is the Lord's and everything in it." (Psalms) shows earth is God's creation - not ours.
- Genesis teaches that people are God's "stewards" - caretakers of the earth's resources.
- "One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another whose faith is weak eats only vegetables." (Romans 14) shows that all food is acceptable to God, but that free will should be respected.
- "He has given you the earth for your heritage." (Surah 6) shows the belief that hunans are answerable to Allah.
- "And among His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth." (Surah 50) shows Allah is the creator
- "Do not waste by being greedy... for Allah does not love wasters." (Surah 7)
- Individual Action - Using a bike or public transport, recycling, using less water / fossil fuels / electricity etc...
- Group Action - Partnership between Muslim Aid and World Wide Fund for Nature
- Supporting Conservation Projects
- Campaigning against cruelty to animals etc...