The bullet points below show the main points needed to answer a question similar to that shown. The example of Sao Paulo has been used as it is in an LEDC (Less Economically Developed Country)
"Cities in LEDCs have many problems. Describe the causes of the problems and explain how people have tried to overcome these problems."
What has been done to overcome these problems:
- Large amount of working age / child bearing migration (because of positive perception of city life)
- The city does not have the resources / facilities to provide for the migrants (not enough houses / good enough water supply / sanitation)
- Outer city dwellers working on inside of city. This leads to transport problems.
- Government setting up "self help" schemes and stations. These give people services – people build their own houses etc... "Site and Service"
- Also large development schemes to build flats etc...
- Charities to help literacy of people for example
- Health clinics opened – family planning help.