1. Precipitation (snow)
2. Fresh snow and ice starts to compact at the top of the glacier. Avalanches also occur at the top of the mountain.
3. Store - of ice
4. Flow - glacier moves downhill
5. Output - in the form of evaporated water or as melt water which runs off to flow into rivers / lakes etc...
- Moraine - material such as rocks and boulders that are transported by the glacier in the ice.
- Erratics - rocks and boulders transported by the glacier and deposited in an area of different rock. They can, therefore, easily be seen to be different from the rocks around them.